JOIN THE 2021 CONNECTION CREW
Connection Crew Positions
Orientation Leader (OL)
All Orientation Leaders participate in orientation program components including evening programs, material preparation, daily programmatic pieces, and pre/post-orientation communications with students and families.
Orientation Leaders serve in one of two roles (specific roles to be decided after hiring):
- Student Orientation Leaders (OL) welcome students while serving as mentors and engaging participants in a positive orientation experience. OLs assist academic advising areas with enrollment, lead group discussions pertaining to university policies, present transitional information to the students through small group presentations, and facilitate activities to connect students to the university.
- Family Orientation Leaders (Family OL) welcome families to ease fears and engage families in a positive orientation experience. Family OLs provide information on college transitions and student/family issues through one on one conversations, large group presentations, personal stories, and guest speaker facilitation.
First Year Leader (FYL)
Serving the freshmen class, First Year Leaders strive to engage, inform, and educate students about the financial, academic, and campus connection resources available through FYS.
First Year Leader duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing relationships with first-year students
- Assisting professional staff during New Student Orientation as representatives for FYS
- Communicating with first-year students through email, phone, text, visiting residential halls, etc.
- Assisting with office and administrative tasks
- Engaging with programming events or responsibilities both during and outside of regular office hours
Provides leadership, support, and resources for first generation students participating in the F1rst2Go (F2G) program during the academic year. First-generation students are those who neither parent graduated college.
You will be tasked with communication with your assigned F2G students beginning in July 2021 to connect them to campus and their F2G group as a whole. This communication will take place via cellular devices and applications such as text messaging and GroupMe. You must be able to meet required communication standards during the spring and summer months in order to meet qualifications for this position.
First2Go Leaders are required to:
- Plan and lead bi-weekly small group gatherings
- Be present at F2G Leader orientation(s)
- Keep attendance and records at approved events
- Assist with program administrative tasks
- Collaborate with program coordinator to develop additional events and ideas that will benefit our students
- Completed applications are due by 5:00 pm, Friday, January 22, 2021.
- Your reference will be contacted separately for their input.
- Group Interviews: Wednesday, January 27-Friday, January 29, 2021 (not all dates are required)
- Individual Interviews: Monday, February 1-Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- Offered position: by Monday, Feb. 15, 2021
Connection Crew Leader Class